• Do I have to sign up for an online traffic school course?
Unless ordered by court, in most states attending an online traffic school is by choice and is offered to you so you could remove the points on your driving record due to traffic violations.
• How can I check to see if my online traffic school is approved by the court?
Each online traffic school provider has a list of approved states and counties that are approved by the department of motor vehicles (DMV) or the county court. You could simple check and see if your location is in their approved lists. However, you should ALWAYS verify with your traffic court before completing your online traffic school course. Just be sure to take care of it BEFORE your assigned court date or due date.
• Do I have to complete my online traffic school in one day?
Unlike regular traffic school classes, the nice thing about taking an online traffic school course is that you don’t have to complete it all in one day. You can go with your own pace whenever you have free time.
• How long does it take to complete my online traffic school?
Your online traffic school course lengths vary from state to state; courses are usually 4-6 hours in length. You can start and stop the course as much as you would like to.
• What happens if I fail my online traffic school test? Can I take it again?
Depending on your state or court’s regulations, you may have the opportunity to take your final exam if you fail. The regulatory agency in your state mandates how many attempts you will have to take the final exam.
• How often am I eligible to take online traffic school?
For most states you are eligible to take an online traffic school course every 18 months. Please contact your local traffic court for additional information.
• Does the court check if you did 2 online traffic schools in the last 18 months?
While the court does not check if you attended two traffic schools in the last 18 months, the DMV is notified if you have been told to attend traffic school. The DMV will only count one of the results and discard any additional results. So, you can always take traffic school for a second time but it will not count toward anything.
• How long do I have to complete my online traffic school course once I’ve paid for the traffic ticket?
You must complete the course within 180 days of your online traffic school registration. Any student who has not successfully completed the online traffic school course within 180 days will be terminated without notice and will not be eligible for a refund. NEW YORK DRIVERS PLEASE NOTE: NY state DMV requires you complete your course within 30 days of registration. Therefore, no refunds will be given to New York drivers 30 days after they’ve registered for their online traffic school course — You may also contact your online traffic school provider for additional details based on your state’s regulations.
• What happens if I miss my online traffic school due date?
In most cases you will not be able to request a refund or a new due date. You should consider contacting the court or seeing a judge if you have a valid case.
• How do I sign up for an online traffic school?
After you have successfully processed your request to attend an online traffic school with the court, signing up with an online traffic school is generally very straight forward and simple. Most sites have a sign-up form directly on their site that will ask you to input your information including the state in which you live and your name and address.
• How fast after registering can I start on my online traffic school course?
You may start your online traffic school course once you have successfully completed your online registration.
• If my traffic school’s due date is tomorrow can I still take an online traffic school course?
Some online traffic school company will process and fax your traffic school certificate to the traffic court on the same day. The amount of time taken for the courts to process the submission varies from each court. We urge you to contact your court for this information to avoid taking this course and not receiving credit from the court.
• What are my online traffic school certificate delivery options?
Most online traffic schools will either mail your or the court the certificate (express delivery available for additional cost) or also offer faxing services.
• Do I need a special computer to start my online traffic school?
You do not need a special computer to start on your online traffic school course. If your computer has an internet connection and enough processing power for you to view this page then you should be all set to start taking your online traffic school course.
• What languages can I take my online traffic school course in?
Online traffic school courses are offered in many languages such as English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Vietnamese. Check with your online traffic school company for additional details.
• Can I get an extension to complete my online traffic school course?
Depending on the court you might be able to request (1) 30 days extension. Please contact or visits your local traffic court for additional details.
• How long is my online traffic school’s final exam?
The length of the final exam on your online traffic school course will vary and is determined by the state and county that issued your traffic violation. Usually the final exam consists of 25 questions, but could be longer depending on your state’s requirements.
•What if I don’t have access to my own computer, can I still take my online traffic school course?
Since you don’t have to complete your online traffic school in one day, you can sign up and start taking your online traffic school course from any computer that has an internet connection. This includes computers available at your local school or library.
• What if I don’t have a credit card or don’t want to use my credit card online, can I still sign up for my online traffic school course?
Most online traffic school companies have live operators ready to answer any additional questions that you might have and to also process your payment over the phone.